We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (England) and Early Years Foundation Phase (Wales). Children learn by playing and exploring, being adventurous, and through creative, investigative and critical thinking which takes place both indoors and outdoors. The nursery curriculum provides the children with quality learning experiences which is structured, balanced, relevant to the child and related to the real world - and rooted in “PLAY”.
Our aims are:
• To provide a curriculum which promotes the ‘Early Learning Goals’ identified by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority and which dovetails with the National Curriculum – The Foundation Stage is the first part of the National Curriculum, focusing on the distinct needs of children from birth to 5.
• To provide a curriculum, which takes account of, and responds to, the children’s development needs and allows them to make progress related to their differing abilities.
• To ensure the children have positive experiences of success at their own levels, in order to give them confidence and motivation for learning in the future.
• To provide a curriculum which provides equal learning and development opportunities for all the children within the nursery.
• To create a partnership with parents and carers to support and enhance the development of the children.
• To promote a positive self-image and independence within a supportive environment. Attainment of skills and factual knowledge is combined with instilling values and positive attitudes with personal, social and emotional development being equally important.